Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving Mantle







Here it is - my simple, nature-inspired Thanksgiving mantle.
 
It is amazing what some spray-paint and a nature walk with the kiddos can accomplish.
 
 
I attached these metal leaves to the fireplace with tiny removable hooks - the backs have a circle thing attached that I hooked on to.  (I have no idea what these were used for in their first life)
 
A thin coat of paint - more about that Here - and they made a nice Fall accent.
 
 
A clean, white theme united the décor - more on that Here.
 
 
 
The family and I went on a walk around the lake in our neighborhood and found these great pinecones and colored leaves that I love!



 
The finished mantle is a reminder to me to be thankful for the simple things - beauty is around us everyday.
 
So much to be thankful for - Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment