Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thanksgiving Mantle Preview

Just a little preview of the Thanksgiving mantle that is going up as we speak.

 
I found these 3 metal leaves at a charity shop for 99 cents each - bargain!
 
I have no idea what they were originally intended for, but thought they would look great as part of my Thanksgiving mantle.
 
They were, however, a bit too brassy for my décor.
 
 
I decided to spray paint them "pumpkin" orange although I wasn't very sure how they would turn out - I wanted them to look natural.
 
I ended up using only a thin coat, because the pattern below showing through a little looked really good!  See how you can just make out the lines?
 
(On a sidenote, my husband likes his garage to be clutter free, so he is forever recycling my cardboard to spray on.  So, yes - I did have to use a cork board square I had laying around to spray on and yes - I did spray the grass orange)
 

 
Here is the peek at the leaves up on the mantle - I am loving how they turned out!
 
What are you doing to get ready for Thanksgiving?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment